Our dedicated team is committed to providing you with the highest level of Orthodontics in the Presque Isle area. We've listed some of the leading treatments and procedures Blackstone Orthodontics provides on this page. Explore your options here so that during your initial consultation you and your orthodontist can discuss your treatment plan.
Adults and kids alike can benefit from the boost in self-confidence that comes from having a great-looking smile with beautifully aligned teeth. Orthodontic treatment can even improve chewing, speaking and oral hygiene in certain cases. And with today's virtually invisible orthodontic appliances, it's possible to keep your treatment a private matter… until your new smile is unveiled, of course! Learn more about Orthodontics.
Our orthodontic services are broken down into the following categories:
Early Orthodontic Treatment
Some bite problems are much easier to treat if they are caught at an early age. That's why all children should have an orthodontic evaluation by age 7, even if it's not yet time to begin treatment. Learn more about Early Orthodontic Treatment.
Adolescent Orthodontic Treatment
It is preferable to treat many orthodontic problems during adolescence while the body is still growing rapidly. In later years, when the bones of the face and jaws are fully developed, many conditions become more difficult (and costly) to treat. Learn more about Adolescent Orthodontic Treatment.
Adult Orthodontic Treatment
If you think you've missed your chance to have beautiful, straight teeth, think again! Healthy teeth can be moved at any age, so there's no such thing as being too old for braces. However, orthodontic treatment for adults is different in certain respects than it is for a growing child. Learn more about Adult Orthodontic Treatment.
Invisalign® Clear Orthodontic Aligners
Removable clear aligners offer adults and teens a nearly invisible alternative to traditional metal braces. They also allow easy cleaning of your teeth each day and can even be taken out for important social occasions. Learn more about Invisalign Clear Orthodontic Aligners.
Other Types of Orthodontic Appliances
We can make use of a variety of special appliances when braces alone aren't enough to move teeth into a better position, to correct various other conditions, and to secure the teeth in their new and improved position. These appliances include:
- Orthodontic Headgear
- Thumb & Finger Appliances
- Orthodontic Retainers
- Palatal Expanders
- Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADS)
Corrective Jaw Surgery
When the relationship between the teeth and jaws is causing a serious orthodontic problem, surgery may be recommended. Conditions treated surgically may include underbites and congenital abnormalities (birth defects) related to jaw development.
Hygiene & Post-Orthodontic Care
Once you've invested in orthodontic treatment, you'll want to make sure to keep your smile healthy and looking great.
Genuine orthodontic emergencies are rare, but it's a good idea to know what can happen and what to do. Learn more about Orthodontic Emergencies.
What sets us apart:
- Whether you are in our waiting room or operatory, we want your visit with us to be as comfortable as possible. We offer a play area for the youngsters as well as faith-filled and modern reading material, games and complimentary coffee. Most of our books are available for you to ‘sign out’ and take home and enjoy.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea affects more than 18 million adults and children in the USA. Call us to schedule your free consultation to see how orthodontics or a sleep appliance could help you get good night’s sleep.
- Dr. Greg has been an active member of the New England Orthodontic Study Club for over 20 years. They meet three times a year to discuss and learn about the latest cutting edge orthodontic treatment options and appliances.